Mainly medieval this attractive small church is in an attractive village setting.
The nave is now mainly fourteenth century with good Decorated tracery and Perpendicular clerestory. The chancel was rebuilt in 1897 by Sir Ninian Comper and the tower in 1906 by GF Bodley. using old materials.. A south aisle was added to the original small Norman nave in the late twelfth century (see the re-used scalloped capital of this date at the base of the present west pier). Then in the early fourteenth century the aisle was rebuilt using the old round piers but with new capitals carved with heads (Sherwood)