The Church of England parish church of Saint Michael and All Angels is the most prominent surviving building of the original settlement. The earliest parts of the church date from the 11th century. It is constructed of rubblestone and consists of a simple nave, chancel and bellcote. The chancel largely dates from the 13th century. Between 1870-73 the church underwent Victorian restoration.
The west window has a stained glass depicting archangels Michael, Raphael and Gabriel. The window was installed in 1935 by Morris & Co. The designs date from 1860 and were created by William Morris and Ford Madox Brown. The north side of the chancel contains another Morris & Co. stained-glass window depicting St. Matthew. This was installed in 1872–74, having been designed by Edward Burne-Jones.
2010/2011 | £1000