St Paul's Church is situated at the end of the village green, opposite the Manor House and gardens. It has a long history and was closely linked in medieval times to Abingdon Abbey. The oldest part of the present church is the tower, built in 1710. Substantial rebuilding of the nave and chancel took place in the 19th century.
St Paul's Church, rebuilt in Victorian times, replaced one of late twelfth century or early thirteenth century origin; the tower is its oldest part, dating back to 1710. The Mediaeval Church was about the same length as the present building but had a narrower nave, In 1852 the medieval nave was beyond repair and was rebuilt; the cost was borne partly by a parish rate and partly by donations. The chancel was rebuilt at the expense of the lay rector, John Shawe Phillips.
2017/2018 | £3500