The church has existed in Drayton for many centuries. It was a chapel subordinate to the mother church of St Helen's, Abingdon from 1284, and formal separation occurred in 1868.
The oldest part of the building is the south wall containing a 13th Century piscina, however the church shows work from many periods. All that is visible of the chapel now is part of the South Wall of the Nave.
The doorway to the chancel is early 13th century. Many of the windows are perpendicular as is the north arcade.
The North Aisle and Tower were added in the 15th century. A fire in 1959 led to re-building of the roof.
One of the churches most remarkable features is the medieval alabaster reredos showing the life of Christ.
It was discovered as six loose panels in 1814 by James Lock of Drayton when he was digging a vault in the Church.
It is probably late 14th or early 15th century and English in manufacture.
2015/2016 | £5000
2014/2015 | £2000