The church was built to the designs of George Edmund Street in 1855-7. St Peters consists of a nave with west bellcote, small south porch, north aisle and an apsidal chancel with north vestry.
Both the exterior from the east and the interior view to the altar show the unusual grouping of the three apse windows, close together rather than evenly spaced as was more usual. The ceiling of the chancel is decorated with stars. The view to the west end is more typical of churches of the time, and nothing special although the good proportions and roofs are to be seen.