A grade II* Early English church with 13th Century north transept and Perpendicular 15th Century tower. The chancels was rebuilt in 1872 and there is a Burne Jones window in the south transept. The Gothic bell tower has a ring of six bells, cast in 1727, 1796, 1859 and 1985.
The parish church of Saint Peter dates from the 13th century and is cruciform in shape. The Perpendicular Gothic bell tower added in the 15th Century has a ring of six bells. Abraham II Rudhall of Gloucester cast the tenor, second and fifth bells in 1727. Robert and James Wells of Aldbourne, Wiltshire cast the fourth bell in 1796. George Mears of the Whitechapel Bell Foundry cast the third bell in 1859. The Whitechapel Bell Foundry also cast the treble bell in 1985.
The church is built of coursed limestone rubble with a Cotswold slate roof and was subject to major renovation in the 19th century when the roof was raised, a vestry built, pews inserted and some window glass replaced.
The carved stone font dates from 13th century; the altar stone is 14th Century. There are two large clear windows with diamond shaped panes, and four lovely stained glass windows, two of which in the south transept were designed by Burne-Jones. They depict the Three Graces, Christ the Sower and Ruth the Reaper. In the north transept is a window set in a small lancet window depicting the virgin and child. Above the altar is a large stained glass window depicting the Resurrection. Other interesting features are medieval carved head corbels, a brass wall memorial dated 1579, and in the north wall of the chancel a low level window with a book rest set into the wall.
The south end of the south chapel was rebuilt in the late 16th or early 17th century, with a plain three-light window and a high, moulded plinth,
2014/2015 | £5000
2010/2011 | £9000