OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • Ock Street
  • Abingdon
  • OX14 5AG
All Saints Methodist Church, Abingdon
  • Appleford Drive
  • Abingdon
  • OX14 2AQ
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • Northcourt Road
  • Abingdon
  • OX14 1PL
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • Radley Road
  • Abingdon
  • OX14 3PL
abingdon-our-ladys-school
  • Radley Road
  • Abingdon
  • OX14 3PS
abingdon-peachcroft
  • Lindsay Drive
  • Abingdon
  • OX14 2RT
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • West St Helen Street
  • Abingdon
  • OX14 5BS
A large and unusual church, situated beautifully beside the river. This church contains a magnificent Lady Chapel, built in the mid c13.
521255492_e559a38a8d_o
  • Park Road
  • Abingdon
  • OX14 1DS

St Michael’s was built in 1864-7 on Park Road, just south of the newly-created Albert Park. Christ’s Hospital, which owned what was then an open… Read more »

St Nicholas, Abingdon
  • Market Square
  • Abingdon
  • OX14 3JL

St. Nicolas’ church is one of the few remaining parts of the great Benedictine Abbey of St. Mary at Abingdon, and was the final part… Read more »

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • Conduit Road
  • Abingdon
  • OX14 1DB
abingdon-abbey-baptist
  • Checker Walk
  • Abingdon
  • OX14 3JB
There has been a chapel on site here since C18. The present building was constructed around approximately 1841, and was designed by the architect John Davies. The roof was renewed in 1893, and the interior remodelled in 1971.
abingdon-school-chapel
  • Park Road
  • Abingdon
  • OX14 1DE
salvation-army-abingdon
  • West Saint Helen Street
  • Abingdon
  • OX14 5BL
Methodist Church - Adderbury
  • The Green
  • Adderbury
  • OX17 3NA
St George adderbury
  • Round Close Road
  • Adderbury
  • OX17 3EE
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • Mill Lane
  • Adderbury
  • OX17 3LP
Arguably the finest parish church in Oxfordshire, St Mary's, Adderbury, dates to the 13th century. The main interest here is the superb series of carvings both inside and outside the church. Look out for the sculptures. There are grotesques and figures in the cornices of the side aisles and tower. These include a long tailed, growling dragon and a group of medieval musicians.
friends-meeting-house-adderbury-1-2
  • Horn Hill Road
  • Adderbury
  • OX17 3EW
The Meeting House has remained almost unchanged since it was built in 1675. It has no heating, electricity or water supply. Surprisingly, the lack of modern facilities adds to our spiritual experience - one can almost imagine Quakers from history joining the Meeting for Worship.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • Adwell
  • OX9 7DQ

The original parish church is believed to have been built late in the 12th century, although the earliest documentation of it is dated 1254. It… Read more »

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • Off A418 at Tiddington
  • Albury
  • OX9 2LP

Albury had a parish church by the beginning of the 13th century. It had a small nave and chancel, two Norman doorways and a 14th-century… Read more »

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • Well Lane
  • Alkerton
  • OX15 6NL
Much of the church is Norman,with massive arches supporting the tower. The clerestory dates from the 14th century and includes a splendidly carved corbel table.
524954673_6dbd29f054_o
  • Mill Lane
  • Alvescot
  • OX18 2PT
A grade II* Early English church with 13th Century north transept and Perpendicular 15th Century tower. The chancels was rebuilt in 1872 and there is a Burne Jones window in the south transept. The Gothic bell tower has a ring of six bells, cast in 1727, 1796, 1859 and 1985.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • Church Walk
  • Ambrosden
  • OX25 2LY
A church has stood here from Saxon times for the Parish of Ambrosden was referred to as being already in existence as early as 1069 AD, but this Norman tower and a church which included part of the nave were built at the end of the 11th or the beginning of the 12th century. The actual year of its consecration is unknown but it is assumed to have been in the month of September close to the birthday of the Virgin Mary whose name it bears.



524875550_8502d04457_b
  • Church Street
  • Appleford
  • OX14 4QE

Romanesque origins; C13 chancel; nave rebuilt by Ewan Christian c.1880; tower by W. Sillbee Scott c.1885. Squared stone in random courses, with ashlar stone dressings;… Read more »

appleton-mission
  • Badswell Lane
  • Appleton
  • OX13 5JN
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • Church Road
  • Appleton
  • OX13 5JU

The oldest parts of the Church of England parish church of Saint Laurence are 12th century Norman. The north aisle was added late in that… Read more »

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • Church Street
  • Ardington
  • OX12 8PF

The oldest part of the Church of England parish church of Holy Trinity is the chancel arch, built about 1200. The Gothic Revival architect Joseph… Read more »

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • Church Road
  • Ardley
  • OX27 7NP
Small village church with Early English chancel, C13-14 tower and late C18 nave.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • Church View
  • Ascott-under-Wychwood
  • OX7 6AA
Holy Trinity is a mainly 12th-century church and is set in the heart of the beautiful village of Ascott-under-Wychwood. It abounds with fascinating historical features and has been the centre of worship in the village for some 900 years. It is quite small and simple set in a picturesque walled Churchyard just off the Village Green.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • Chapel Road
  • Ashbury
  • SN6 8NB

The Church of England parish church of Saint Mary was originally Norman but was rebuilt in the 13th century. In the 20th century the artist… Read more »

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • Next to the Manor House
  • Asthall
  • OX18 4HW

A 12th Century church in the Windrush Valley, with a 14th Century transept converted into a Chantry Chapel. St Nicholas Church has a very rare… Read more »

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • Cote Road
  • Aston
  • OX18 2DY

Saint James was built in 1839 with only a low squat tower and one bell. Later a spire and second bell were added. The Gothic… Read more »

Aston Rowant1
  • Church Lane
  • Aston Rowant
  • OX49 5SR
The oldest parts of the Church of England parish church of Saint Peter and Saint Paul are the north and south walls of the nave, which are Norman and from around 1100.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • Rectory Lane
  • Aston Tirrold
  • OX11 9DH
A medium sized Mediaeval parish church.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • Spring Lane
  • Aston Tirrold
  • OX11 9EJ
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • Thorpe Street
  • Aston Upthorpe
  • OX11 9EQ
Small Mediaeval church , peaceful and charming
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • Shutford Road
  • Balscote
  • OX15 6JW
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • Balscote
  • OX15 6JG

The earliest features of the Church of England parish church of St. Mary Magdalene include a Norman font and an Early English style window. Most… Read more »

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • Bridge Street
  • Bampton
  • OX18 2HA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • Church Close
  • Bampton
  • OX18 2LW
The evolution of Bampton church is one of the most complex in Oxfordshire. Bampton once lay at the heart of an Anglo Saxon royal estate and the church was a Saxon minster, whose size testified to its significance as an early religious foundation.
Banbury-baptist
  • Horsefair
  • Banbury
  • OX16 0AH
banbury-salvation-army
  • 66 George Street
  • Banbury
  • OX16 5BH
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • Grange Road, Easington
  • Banbury
  • OX16 9AS
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • Fairway Ruscote
  • Banbury
  • OX16 0RS
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • Horsefair
  • Banbury
  • OX16 0AH

Dated 1751. Tuscan porch c.1820. Regular coursed ironstone rubble. Hipped stone slate roof. 2 storeys; 3-window range. Entrance into porch attached to left end. Door… Read more »

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • West Street
  • Banbury
  • OX16 3HA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • Marlborough Road
  • Banbury
  • OX16 5BZ
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • Boxhedge Road
  • Banbury
  • OX16 0BP
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
  • Southam Road
  • Banbury
  • OX16 2EJ
BanburyStFrancis
  • Highlands
  • Banbury
  • OX16 1FA