Publicity for Ride and Stride 2018
This year Bishop Steven will be visiting 7 Oxford churches. An itinerary will be published at a later date and put on our website. You would be very welcome to meet him at any of these.
- We are urgently seeking ‘celebrities’ who might take part in some way – if not actually participating but waving off a group or welcoming them at a particular church, or if you hear of someone doing something different please let us know as it makes good publicity for the event as a whole.
- Nearly £220,000 was awarded in Grants in 2017 – a truly magnificent sum. This is due in no small part to the income generated by Ride and Stride. If your church has received a Grant from OHCT or is planning to apply please do highlight this – local interest is excellent publicity!
- Do remember to mention any outstanding achievements of participants from your Church and if you have not already done so, let people know how much you raised last year.Posters, sponsor forms, etc. will be available from mid-June; please get the posters up as soon as possible and sponsor forms in your churches, local store, leisure centres, cycle shops, schools, etc. in order that people can begin to plan their day before the summer break. Electronic files will be available sooner from the Ride and Stride Administrator.
- Do remind people that if they are unable to take part on the day they can do so at another time, but it is unlikely that they will be able to have their sponsor forms signed.
- An increasing number of people have been sponsored for signing people in at their Church, so please encourage your Welcomers to do this.
- The number of those who opened up a JustGiving page last year was higher than the previous year; this is a good way to get sponsors from further afield and saves time collecting sponsor money as the funds are paid straight into the Ride and Stride account. One JustGiving page has already been set up for this year’s event!
And of particular importance – participating in the St/Ride is ideal to involve your youth clubs and other organisations in a community activity, so do contact their leaders well before the event.