Within 5 Miles
This lovely village church, part of which dates back to Norman times, was restored by William Scott Champion in 1874; with the nave almost completely rebuilt and a north aisle added. The tower and shingled broach spire are of 1908.
The only medieval remains are in the chancel which has two Norman windows on the north and one on the south. Outside on the east wall is part of two blocked arches.
The pointed chancel arch of c.1200 has capitals carved with volutes and flat leaves. There is a Norman tub-shaped font with cable moulding.
In 1908 a porch was added and a bell tower (with its three bells, one dating from the C14) was replaced.