Within 5 Miles
Set in open fields, this attractive small church of silver grey brick with stone dressings was built in 1842 by J. Turner, with the chancel added in 1872 by his son J.G. Turner. The poet Wilfred Owen's parents are buried in the churchyard.
The wide nave is furnished with deal pews and a chancel and sanctuary were added in 1875, with oak choir stalls and a carved stone reredos.
The stained glass is by John Hardman. There is a very fine small pipe organ built by John Holditch in 1875.
There is a wall plaque to Wilfred Owen who was assistant to the vicar after leaving school. His family worshipped at the church.