Within 5 Miles
Overlooking the Stonor valley in the Chiltern Hills, this church was built in 1854 to replace a Norman and later C13 church. Of coursed flint rubble with limestone ashlar quions and dressings, with chancel, nave, north transept and west belfry.
The north transept has one- and two-light trefoil headed windows and a C13 treble trefoiled NW window. The roof of the north transept retains a C16 arch-braced collar-truss.
The font is believed to be part of the C14 octagonal pier re-used. The reredos of 1873 is by Powell & Sons. There is a highly decorated organ.
The chancel windows have Victorian glass of 1871; there is a John Piper window, SW, 1967, representing the Sword and the Gospel. The stained glass in the window east of the porch is of 1874 by Cox and Son.
A louvred bellcote over two lancets in the west gable.
There is a floor tablet of Simon Doe dated 1659.
2010/2011 | £1000