A Chapel was registered for meetings in 1704 but the present building was built in 1756. It is no longer used for regular worship, but the Churchyard is still open for burials.
The present Cote Chapel is a large single-cell building of limestone rubble with a gabled stone-slated roof an a projecting north-facing vestry. It seems to have been built by Stennett in 1756,s oon after the chapel yard was enlarged; a gallery was reportedly added the following year. (Stanley, Hop Garden, p. 123).
In the late 1850s all but the outer shell was rebuilt: the earlier double gable was replaced by a single flat-topped gable concealing the roof valley, the chapel was re-floored and the vestries enlarged, new pews, (including a table pew over the central baptistry) were installed and new galleries added, and a new pulpit at the west end replaced an 18th century one on the south.