Within 5 Miles
Church of SS Simon and 5.2.76 Jude GV II Church of England church. 1853-4. Architect G E Street, Coursed rubble with ashlar dressings, concrete tile roofs. Late C13 style; 5-bay aisled nave with south porch, 2-bay chancel with south chapel. Large west buttress to central octagonal belfrey capped by spirelet and having mini- mum lucarnes and gables. Plate tracery side windows, foiled spherical triangles to clerestory, geometrical tracery to lancets flanking west buttress and large 5-light east window. South porch has 1300-style mouldings and pointed entrance on heavy responds, vaulted porch with domical vault on ribs, treble chamfer to south door and pyramidal stops; south aisle has cusped head archway from porch; west window of porch is stunted and has oval tracery.