It was designed by the 19th-century Gothic Revival architect Samuel Sanders Teulon of Westminster, London, built by the local firm of Honour & Castle. The foundation stone was laid in 1870 and the church was consecrated on 10 April 1872 by John Mackarness, the Bishop of Oxford. It was originally intended for the church tower to have a spire.
In the nave is the "Alice Door", carved by Alice Liddell, a daughter of Henry Liddell, the Dean of Christ Church, Oxford, made famous through Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
2012/2013 | £2500
2014/2015 | £4000
2017/2018 | £3000