Grade II* listed.
Mid C12 origins. Building materials consist of uncoursed limestone rubble with
late C19 buttressing. The roof is late C19 and tiled.
Central features include a chancel remodelled in late C13 There is also a nave and bell turret
which was demolished in 1873.
Windows date from late C13 and include a three-light stepped east window in the south chancel wall.
There are also late C13 one- and 2-light windows flanking mid C12 priest door with
splayed architrave. Elsewhere the north chancel wall has mid C19 one-light lancet and one
one-light square window. The south wall of the nave has one early C16 four-light window
with arched heads and one late C13 one-light window.
The mid C12 south doorway has a C19 plank door retaining mid C12 decorative hinges with a flattened beasts head
terminals. There are also scalloped capitals zig-zag decoration to arch; stone slate water
tabling over door. In the top left corner of the north wall is a C17 sundial on a chalk block.
Interior: There is mid C17 panelling behind the altar, C17 and C18 ledger stones on floor, especially slate
ledgers with brass shields, achievements and inscriptions to Francis Piggot, 1614, Martha Piggot, 1629, and Margaret Piggot.
The chancel has a late C15 three-bay crown post roof. Mid C12 chancel arch with scalloped capitals. The nave has a stone flag floor and a late C19 three-bay queen post roof.
2015/2016 | £1000