Within 5 Miles
Located near Henley on Thames in the Chiltern Hills, this village church was built in 1874 by J. Gibson, replacing the old church of St. James. This is a small church of flint and stone with a cheerful interior with exposed brickword banded in black and white. The remains of the old church are located about a mile to the north.
The church comprises a north aisle, with chancel, south porch and a bellcote on the west gable end of the nave.
In the north aisle are two windows with small sections of good late C15 Flemish glass.
The Parish War Memorial is located on the north side of the nave.
The ruins of the old Norman church, built on a Saxon site, are a mile away to the north. Little remains other than the stonework but the ruins are Grade II listed and continue to be consecrated ground.
2019/2020 | £20000
2010/2011 | £9000