St John Evangelist Chapel

    Address

  • High Street
  • Fernham
  • SN7 7NX

    Amenities

  • Toilets: church

This Church is part of the Ride & Stride Event!
Find out More

Brief Description

The Church of England parish church of Saint John the Evangelist was designed in 13th century style by the Gothic Revival architect J.W. Hugall and built in 1861 as a chapel of ease for Longcot. St. John's parish is now part of a single Church of England Benefice with the parishes of Ashbury, Bourton, Compton Beauchamp, Longcot, Shrivenham and Watchfield. In 2008 the parish controversially spent a £90,000 grant from the Big Lottery Fund to strip St. John's of its Victorian pews, lay a modern floor and reorder its interior for secular uses as a village hall.

Tweet
Share
Share