The Church of England parish church of Saint Laurence was built in the 13th century, but little survives from this period except the west tower. The font is 15th century. In the 19th century the building was in very poor condition so in 1860 the Gothic Revival architect G.E. Street rebuilt the chancel and most of the nave. The parish benefice is now combined with those of Bloxham and South Newington.