St Leonard

    Address

  • Middleton Road
  • Banbury
  • OX16 4RG

    Amenities

  • Toilets: church

This Church is part of the Ride & Stride Event!
Find out More

  • Main Description

    The Church of England parish church of Saint Leonard was designed by the local architect Walter Mills and built in 1890 It is a Gothic Revival building with north and south aisles joined to the nave by four-bay arcades.

    St. Leonard's was a chapel of ease to Christ Church in Broad Street until 1921, when Grimsbury was constituted as a separate parish with Saint Leonard’s as its church. In 1931 a fire destroyed much of the south side of St Leonard's and thereafter the church was redecorated and a new vestry built.

Church Grants

disabled WC and kitchen

2018/2019 | £5000

Tweet
Share
Share