St Luke

    Address

  • Behind farmyard
  • Garford
  • OX13 6NW

    Amenities

  • Toilets: church

This Church is part of the Ride & Stride Event!
Find out More

  • Main Description

    Grade II listed.

    C13 origins, but rebuilt 1880 by Edwin Dolby of Abingdon. Building materials consist of coursed limestone rubble,
    ashlar dressings and a gabled C19 tile roof.

    Central features include a nave with north aisle, and chancel with north chapel. The roof of east gable wall was raised to a higher pitch in 1880.


    Windows are of interest and contain a C13 double-lancet window to the chancel, and a late C19 trefoil-headed window to the north chapel. The north wall has three late C19 three-light windows, with buttress to east and
    pointed chamfered doorway to west. The south wall has a C16 three-light mullioned
    window.

Church Grants

repair panels and louvres; new heating

2010/2011 | £2000

Tweet
Share
Share