Holwell Church was consecrated in 1895 and is in good order.
Built in 1895 to replace an earlier church and medieval chapel of ease. Although some brick and some stone from the earlier churches was re-used, all the woodwork was sawn up and given to the poor as firewood or burnt on a bonfire. Thankfully some Flemish panels, which can be seen in the pulpit, survived.
The Kirkland pipe organ was specifically built for this church and is regularly maintained and played for services. The altar with its gilded angels was given by Colonel Heyworth-Savage of Bradwell Grove in memory of his son, who died of his wounds in North Africa in 1941.