St Mary

    Address

  • Fernham Road
  • Little Coxwell
  • SN7 7LQ

Street Parking

Yes

This Church is part of the Ride & Stride Event!
Find out More

Brief Description

A grade II* Norman Church with C13 bellcote

  • Main Description

    The Church of St. Mary's is a 12th Century Chapel of Ease, built by the Monks of Beaulieu Abbey. It contains a number of features of historical and architectural interest, including:
    Norman doorway
    Perpendicular stone porch
    Transitional Priest's door
    Early decorated window
    3 large perpendicular windows
    13th Century Bell-cote
    12th Century Chancel Arch, rebuilt in the 15th Century
    Norman door jambs of the Vestry in the north wall of the nave
    Carved wood rail of organ loft - part of a pre-Reformation Rood Screen
    15th Century octagonal font
    Iron Hour-Glass stand
    Brass Candelabrum dating from 1729
    George III Coat of Arms

Church Grants

to support restoration of C17 bells and repairs to the west window

2014/2015 | £2500

repairs to windows

2016/2017 | £2000

Tweet
Share
Share