A Norman church much altered by G E Street in 1865
When the north and south aisles were added the north and south doorways were reused. The south door has zigzag mouldings and a tympanum with the Tree of Life flanked by beasts. The north doorway is plainer and has a cable hood mould with beasts headstops. The south aisle and arcade are Early English. The north aisle is Decorated. Except for C13 lancets at the E and W ends of the south aisle the nave windows are Decorated and Perpendicular. In 1865 G E Street built a new chancel arch and rebuilt the original Norman arch against the north wall. The east window is from 1868; the square-headed window it replaced is now in the north aisle. The chancel has two C13 lancets and a Norman piscina. Street rebuilt the tower.
2014/2015 | £1000