Largely 14th century, this church is particularly noted for the vigorous stone carving both inside and out. Decorated and Perpendicular window tracery is enhanced by the plain glass in all the windows.
A most rewarding church on a hillside looking down on the Tudor tower of Hanwell Castle.
Around the outside of the chancel is an exuberant frieze of animals, humans and monsters and inside, the capitals in the nave are carved with figures with linked arms, a feature peculiar to some churches in north Oxfordshire.
The faceless clock of 1671 still strikes the hour and is wound by hand.
This village has a well known and starred Restaurant at the Moon and Sixpence in the main street, with diners coming from London and beyond.
2016/2017 | £500