The chancel arch of the Church of England parish church dates from at least the latter part of the 12th century. The church formerly had a north aisle that may also have dated from this period. In about 1273 the church was remodelled and rededicated to St Thomas of Canterbury. The Decorated Gothic east window was added in about the 14th century. Either side of the south doorway are two Perpendicular Gothic windows that were added in about the 15th century. The pulpit is Jacobean.
In 1849 the church was heavily restored in an Early English Gothic style. Until then, the blocked arcade of the north aisle was visible in the north wall of the nave. During the restoration the arcade seems to have been removed; there are 12th century capitals in the Vicarage garden that may have come from it. The floor and seating were renewed in 1859 under the direction of the Gothic Revival architect G.E. Street. In about 1860 a mosaic reredos by Salviati was added in the chancel.
2010/2011 | £6000
2017/2018 | £6000