One of the Trust’s Patrons, Bernard Taylor has generously donated The Taylor Trophy to be awarded each year to the Oxfordshire company or organisation who enter an employees team for our annual fundraising Ride and Stride, which has long been one of our main sources of income, and raise the largest amount for the fund in that year. The Trophy will be in the form of a sculpture by the well-known artist Eleanor Clutton-Brock.
Participants are sponsored to ride or walk round as many Oxfordshire churches as they can on the second Saturday in September. Most churches provide refreshments. Everybody sets their own pace, route and target, making it suitable for all levels of fitness, age group and ability. Competing teams must be of four or more.
To take part :
- Register your company team here
- Each rider must set up a JustGiving page and must include in that the Team Name. Their individual sponsorship can either be given 100% to OHCT or they can nominate a church to receive 50% and OHCT 50% (the total will be attributable to the competition).
- A list of churches where riders can sign in, most often find a welcome hot or cold drink, biscuits and in many instances a loo can be found here (as a link) – or use our use or online Route Planner
- The Team who have raised the highest amount by 31 October 2018 will be declared the winner and a presentation will be arranged to award the Taylor Trophy to the winning team. All participating teams will receive a framed Certificate of Participation.
- Team members can choose to ride as a group, individually or with their own family – and those might like to enter our Family Blog competition with the prize, a Family Day at Cotswold Wildlife Park. Find out more about our family competition here