The church was opened in 1868 and designed by William Peachey of Darlington. It is Italianate in style with round-arched windows and porch with Tuscan columns.
The church was built in 1895 of coursed rubble with ashlar quoins. It is oriented north–south, with the north end facing the main road. Below the north window, which has 14th-century style intersecting tracery, there is a datestone. The name of the architect is unknown. In 1901 a schoolroom, in similar style, was attached to the building at the southeast corner.
In 1970–1 a kitchen, store room, meeting room and toilets were added to the south end of the church in a flat-roofed extension. There are (in 2014) plans afoot to demolish the extension, which is in poor repair and no longer considered suitable for modern needs, and replace it with another, single-story extension, which will be more energy efficient and create a more flexible space.
Didcot Methodist Church dates from 1903 on land given by Lady
Wantage for the sum of one shilling. It is the only church in the centre of
town up a slight bank overlooking Broadway and the main shopping area.
The church has strong links to the local Churches Together and other
organisations in the local community.
The large, stone-built chapel, in Gothic style dates from 1861. Major repairs were undertaken between 1907 and 1909, when the Witney circuit was being expanded, included new pews for 80 people and installation of a harmonium. The chapel has remained open in the early 21st century with a congregation of around 25.
The Chapel in Filkins was dedicated in 1833
The Wesleyan congregation seems to have had a chapel in Chapel Lane by the 1790s, which was rebuilt in 1820. The chapel was rebuilt again in 1873 and is now North Leigh Methodist Church.
Freeland Methodist Church is the oldest Methodist Church in the Witney and Faringdon circuit. The building of the church commenced in 1805 and was completed in 1807.
The church is situated in the centre of the village. Extensions were undertaken in 2011 to facilitate community use.
Henry Thomas Leake purchased the land and paid for the construction of the chapel which opened in 1835.
The church (1936) is built in dark red brick with gabled front and arrow-slit windows.
This Chapel is now a private home
This Chapel is no longer a place of worship
The church was built in 1867 by the Wesleyan Methodists at a time when both Primitive Methodists and Wesleyan Methodists were flourishing in the village. It replaced the 1853 chapel nearby, which continued in use as a Sunday school and temperance hall. The church has a lofty and steeply pitched roof of Stonesfield slates and is visible from afar.
The Mission Room was built in 1895 to plain Early English Design by Gothic Revival architect A Mardon Mobray.
Nativity of The Blessed Virgin Mary
Neithrop Methodist Church
New Road Baptist Church
Newland Methodist Church
Redundant medieval church of which only the chancel remains surrounded by graveyard.
Orchard Baptist Fellowship
Our Lady & St Hugh
The Church was built in 1975.
Our Lady and St Edmund of Abingdon
Our Lady and St John
Located near the River Thames, and in the village of Goring in the Goring Gap between the Berkshire Downs and Chiltern Hills, this church was designed by the architect William Ravenscroft and built in 1898.
Our Lady Help of Christians
Our Lady of Lourdes
The Chapel was converted from the 300 years old tithe barn entirely by the Wheatley Catholic congregation between 1962 and 1964.
Our Lady of the Rosary
Work began on Our Lady of the Rosary in 1953, on a piece of land gifted by a local Catholic. The Parish of North Hinksey was officially established on 1st January 1954, and the church was completed and dedicated later that year
Our Lady’s School
The convent and the school were founded in 1860 by the Sisters of Mercy
The church was designed by Joseph Hansom in a Gothic Revival style. Much of the original interior decoration was painted over in the 1970s, and the altar moved forward. The building is being gradually restored as part of the “Oxford Oratory – Reaffirmation & Renewal” campaign.
The church consists of a single nave and five side chapels. To the left of the sanctuary is the Sacred Heart chapel, and the Lady Chapel is to the right. There are also chapels dedicated to St Philip Neri (formerly St Joseph’s chapel) and Our Lady of Oxford (also known as the relic chapel).
Peachcroft Christian Centre
Quaker Meeting House
The simple Quaker Meeting House was built in 1724 and retains many original features, including traditional plain plasterwork, brick flooring, wooden panelling, ministers’ gallery and benches. It is located in a secluded setting, close to the town centre and surrounded by garden.
Ridgeway Community Centre
Ridgeway Community Church is a lively and loving church with two congregations, Didcot and Wallingford. We are a community of followers of Jesus Christ, who commit ourselves to one-another in order to worship God, study His Word, be strengthened by His Holy Spirit and impact the world which He loves.
Ripon College Chapel
Founded in 1853 by Samuel Wilberforce this is an educational establishment. GE Street added a new larger chapel in 1874-5 in late thirteenth century style and on the college chapel pattern with ante-chapel. Rood and stained glass were by Clayton and Bell. The chapel was re-decorated by John Piper in 1950.
Ripon College Chapel
Rose Hill Methodist Church
This small stone and brick built chapel was founded in 1835.
The church was constructed in 1936 by A.S.G. Butler; Arts & Craft Gothic in red brick, incorporating work from the destroyed chapel at Danesfield, Bucks., by Pugin c.1850.
Saint Peter and Saint Paul
The oldest parts of the Church of England parish church of Saint Peter and Saint Paul are the north and south walls of the nave, which are Norman and from around 1100.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.