Thanks to the generosity of the Oxfordshire Historic Churches Trust, parishioners, Catholic trusts, and charities the plans that had lain dormant since 1978 have been realised in the form of the Galilee and Conlon Room extension to the church.
First and foremost the Galilee provides much-needed extra seating for the liturgical life of the parish. It will serve as a parish room to provide the usual range of parish activities and meetings. It will provide much-needed space for community activities with the installation of a kitchen and WC facilities. It will also serve as a venue for music and drama.
The Galilee is the design of the London architect Anthony Delarue, one of the most prominent ecclesiastical architects working today.
The official opening and blessing by the Archbishop of Birmingham took place in September 2021.
This small Arts and Crafts Gothic village church designed by the architect William Ravenscroft (1845-1943) was built on land donated by William Brown Hallett in 1898.
The church was built in two phases, forty years apart, but nevertheless displays an architectural unity. The interior is little altered and retains its original timber high alter. The tower is a local landmark.